for best practices
The Apprenticesgip Cluster is an open forum for coordination and collaboration so as to foster the sustainable partnership between the worlds of higher education and business supported by authorities and social partners at local/regional level. This will result in gradually overcoming the skills mismatch of young engineers, on the one hand, and in reducing youth unemployment in the sector of mechatronics and meeting the labour needs on the brink of the Industry 4.0, on the other hand.
The Apprenticeship cluster aims to:
- offer apprenticeships in the sector of Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics;
- promote the concept and benefits of work-based learning and apprenticeships in the area of higher education;
- assist the economic growth at regional level.
The Apprenticeship cluster offers:
- an electronic platform where enterprises advertise apprenticeship vacancies and students apply for them and work on hands-on assignments based on real-world industrial situations so as to solve specific company-related problems;
- an apprenticeship e-workshop for Train-the-Trainer: company mentors and academic mentors;
- a blog viewed as an incubator of ideas and place for both sharing experience and best practices and finding common solutions in the area of work-based learning and apprenticeships.